• Welcome to the Dino Crisis Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Dino Crisis series.

Register Log in

I PLAYED IT!

Angel

Admin
Well, some of it at least. You guys should be proud of me - I know I am. I played right up until that T-Rex comes blasting through the window without warning. I screamed like a little girl and then just looked at it for a moment until I realised I was meant to be shooting it in the face.

Other scary moments for me included the second velociraptor (or whatever it is) that just pops up when you leave a room and hearing another one chomping away out of sight, but getting closer. Also the music gives me the jitters.

Not quite sure what's up with Regina's shoulders - they look like they've been stitched on like Woody's arms. And why are Gail and Regina so snappy with one another? Is there a reason for that?

Going to carry on later tonight and see how far I can get without being scared. You may all mock me for being such a girl but at least these sorts of games still do what they were intended to do when I play them - scare the ever-loving crap out of me.

La Femme Fatale

Super Moderator
Yay! We're not going to mock you for being scared (or, at least I'm not :p). I was playing it the other day - beaten it quite a few times already, and I still get scared sh!tless. Those lizard buggers are... quite a bit faster than zombies.

And Gail is snappy with everyone - the other characters get their fair share of it pretty soon.

Angel

Admin
Maybe he's snappy because he's got a girl's name?

It was the dino waiting outside the office that really got me - no warning, no music build up, nothing. He just stood there, taking up the whole corridor and I couldn't back up or get away. Shot him about 18 times which was 14 more times than was necessary :p

Magnolia Grandiflora

The Invisible Woman
YAH! I'm proud of you Angel. (And don't worry about getting scared with the T-Rex coming through the window, I screamed at that on my first playthrough too...and when one of the dinos first followed me - they are fast little ****s.)

Art Star

Casually hijacking this thread since I figured we don't need a lot of "I just played it" threads. I am starting the game now and will edit this post with impressions soon.

Art Star

Well, I didn't make it far since I didn't have long to play but I made it to the first save point. I must say that the first time you are chased by a dinosaur was genuinely terrifying. I really didn't expect it to follow me from room to room. :eek:

Magnolia Grandiflora

The Invisible Woman
I never knew dinos could open doors but low and behold they can and I agree, that sh!t is scary!

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Just wanted to poke in here and say that the T-rex bursting through the window gave me quite a shock as well. Definitely the jumpiest part in the whole game.

La Femme Fatale

Super Moderator
Cheez' LP made me want to play through it again... so I did today but this time I chose not to save my boyfriend Dr. Kirk. It felt all wrong inside. :(

La Femme Fatale

Super Moderator
I'm going to try to revive this section because we sorta lost track as to the reason we are all here in the first place. :p

Angel, have you fini playing the game yet?????

Angel

Admin
No I haven't - I've had no time :(

But Steve's been nagging me to get on with it so I'm going to try this week if I can :D

La Femme Fatale

Super Moderator
Yay. Because we need to have in depth sociological discussions about this as well. :D

Angel

Admin
LOL - yeah, of course, you'll get lots of that sort of thing with me...*eyes very dusty college-level sociology books on shelf*

La Femme Fatale

Super Moderator
I can settle for any other 'ology'. :p

Except the one that has to do with plants. Crap, what's it called...

La Femme Fatale

Super Moderator
Okay, for some reason I was thinking botany, I think... but that's not an ology. Woops.