• Welcome to the Dino Crisis Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Dino Crisis series.

Register Log in

Game recommendations

Angel

Admin
This'll probably not pick up speed until more members sign up, but here is where we can suggest games for people to try out - you can include as much or as little information as you like about each game you recommend and you can also ask others whether a game is worth playing or not before you splash the cash.

Don't forget to mention the platform with your suggestions/questions!

I'm currently wanting to know if RAGE on the 360 is any good? I've seen it for a bargain-basement price and would like to know if it's worth buying at all?

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Recommend?
I'm curious to know if Bullet Storm is worth picking up for the 360. Anyone got it?

Suggestions:
Wii - Check out Muramasa The Demon Blades. It's wicked fun, addicting, and has a great old-school vibe to it. I've played it for 20-30 hours and I'm STILL not tired of it. The more you play, the more you level up, the stronger blades you can forge, the more endings you can get which unlock even more swords, which just unlocks and unlocks until you've gotten 108 blades forged, seen 5-6 story endings (all with different bosses), and you WISH that there was more you could do. The addictive nature of this game is TRULY astounding. I can't imagine someone not having fun with it. It feels just as badass playing this as it does playing Ninja Gaiden, God of War, or any other slice 'em up game.
You must be registered to view media

Azer249

Steam: Azer249
I'm going to have to say Dragon Age...

On a serious note a game on 360 that people looked over was a game called Too Human, it was a ruddy good game that not many people played and because of that it can be picked up for next to nothing. There is a very nice loot drop and levelling system and due to this i even went the extra mile and got 1000Gamerscore on it.

You must be registered to view media

Purple Nurple

Chief Dino-rider
Serious question. I've never played any of the Half-Life games.
Worth it?
Really worth it?

Also a game I would recommend is a Kingdom for Keflings. I find it really therapeutic, and although I used to hate it, the more I just mellow and play it the more fun it is. Easy to waste 4 hours on there doing nothing besides mining little purple rocks.

Azer249

Worth it?
Really worth it?

Also a game I would recommend is a Kingdom for Keflings. I find it really therapeutic, and although I used to hate it, the more I just mellow and play it the more fun it is. Easy to waste 4 hours on there doing nothing besides mining little purple rocks.

If you're going to get Half life i recommend getting it on the PC rather than the old Xbox. It's really been supported well on pc and there are heaps and heaps of mods for it. Not only that but it looks better and is an amazing game. I definitely recommend playing Halflife1 -> Halflife 2 Episode 2

Purple Nurple

Chief Dino-rider
If you're going to get Half life i recommend getting it on the PC rather than the old Xbox. It's really been supported well on pc and there are heaps and heaps of mods for it. Not only that but it looks better and is an amazing game. I definitely recommend playing Halflife1 -> Halflife 2 Episode 2
Excellent. Trouble is, my PC is pretty ****e and I don't really understand how games work on it. Would I need to sign up to Steam or any fancy stuff like that?

Azer249

Excellent. Trouble is, my PC is pretty ****e and I don't really understand how games work on it. Would I need to sign up to Steam or any fancy stuff like that?

I would recommend getting it on Steam, but there is a half life 2 demo somewhere... let me just find it... *hunts* A-ha!

As for HalfLife 1 i'm sure your pc will be able to run it, my old laptop did. If you are still unsure just send me your system specs in a PM and i shall tell you ;d

Purple Nurple

Chief Dino-rider
I would recommend getting it on Steam, but there is a half life 2 demo somewhere... let me just find it... *hunts* A-ha!

As for HalfLife 1 i'm sure your pc will be able to run it, my old laptop did. If you are still unsure just send me your system specs in a PM and i shall tell you ;d
Thanks boss, I'll get around to doing that soon.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Play Half Life 1. I played through that one and it ran smoothly on my desktop that would be 13 years old today. Fun game.

Half Life 2 never got my attention, really. I had the Orange Box and... well, it's kind of like switching from contraception to ultra thin condoms Purps. You're doing the same thing as you were before, but it's just not quite as good.

blivvy

RAWR
I was disappointed with Rage. It's an okay game but I was expecting a lot more. Like I was expecting it to have more of an open world to explore.

Bulletstorm is a fun game for a while. It's prob one u should rent really.

Also if u guys haven't played Skyrim yet, I would definitely recommend it. Speaking of rpg's, I am currently playing through Final Fantasy XIII-2 and I'm happy to say I'm enjoying it a lot more than XIII. Actually I think it's the best FF game to come out since FFX.

TRA Rotid

I was disappointed with Rage. It's an okay game but I was expecting a lot more. Like I was expecting it to have more of an open world to explore.

Bulletstorm is a fun game for a while. It's prob one u should rent really.

Also if u guys haven't played Skyrim yet, I would definitely recommend it. Speaking of rpg's, I am currently playing through Final Fantasy XIII-2 and I'm happy to say I'm enjoying it a lot more than XIII. Actually I think it's the best FF game to come out since FFX.

True about Bulletstorm. While the gameplay might seem repetitive at first it doesn't loose its juice through the campaign. But after that there's just not much to do. Renting it is actually a nice idea.
A point for Bulletstorm - one of the best environments/atmospheres I've seen in a game; the planet is a true splendor.

Never played FF, but heard the exact same thing from a friend of mine just today.

§ephiroxa§

Half life is amazing and everyone should play it. JUST SAYING SHARON

otherwise..Iunno

Romero

Premium
Yes I have a tip about a game that's gonna be worth a closer look. , it's an upcoming MMORPG.

Worth it?
Really worth it?
Both Half-Life and Half-Life 2 are almost worth dying for if you like FPS games. You'll need Steam for H-L 2, not for H-L.
I recommend the PC versions.

TRA Rotid

A game many people look down on or simply ignore because of its connection to World of Warcraft.

I am talking about Warcraft 3. Can you believe a friend of mine actually thought W3 is a ****ty game because it was inspired by WoW and thus created only to suck more money out of hardcore gamers. I educated him and naturally - it is a great game after all - he started to love it.

§ephiroxa§

A game many people look down on or simply ignore because of its connection to World of Warcraft.

I am talking about Warcraft 3. Can you believe a friend of mine actually thought W3 is a ****** game because it was inspired by WoW and thus created only to suck more money out of hardcore gamers. I educated him and naturally - it is a great game after all - he started to love it.
Warcraft 3 is the ****. :D

ArabPikachu

If you like robots and Fighting-games, I'd recommend you to try out this Capcom game titled as Cyberbots: Fullmetal Madness

If you have PSN, you can get it there as a PSone Classic