Would it have had a warmer reception if it was kept to PS?

La Femme Fatale

Super Moderator
I know most people don't like it because of the whole 'oops, now we have mutated dinosaurs in space' thing and the fact that Regina is MIA... but do you think it would have been a bit more kindly taken had it not been exclusive to X-Box? Especially after the first games were on PS1 (and PC, Dreamcast)... I mean, I know I probably would have purchased the game anyway despite it's shortcomings, but I wasn't about to buy an X-box anytime soon.

Magnolia Grandiflora

The Invisible Woman
I honestly think it would. Now, true, it didn't have Regina and, also true, it didn't have real dinosaurs but the Playstation audience was hyped for another DC game and it was sort of like a slap in the face that when they did release Dino Crisis 3, it was for a different platform. Many gamers, like myself, have a favored platform and that's what they stick to; I'm a Playstation girl up one side and down the other and I'm very monogamous so I own no other platforms and haven't even had the opportunity to play it - which is sad simply because I'd really like to no matter how much other people say it sucks. X-Box-monogamous peeps didn't have a history with the Dino Crisis universe so, even though it differed greatly from the past titles, they didn't have the nostalgic background with the game that Playstation fans did so it was kind of like: "ehh."

For the peeps who aren't platform-monogamous...well I guess the game sucked really hard then, didn't it?

Releasing DC3 for Playstation wouldn't have made the game any better but I think it would have made fan-reception to the game just a tad bit better.

La Femme Fatale

Super Moderator
I know at the time I actually felt so much better knowing that the game might have sucked and Regina wasn't in it.. it took away the bitterness of not being able to play it myself!

Dino Crisis 3 was originally intended to be on Xbox and PS2 but the latter version was scrapped.

Even though the game got an abundance of criticism for excluding Regina, most of the game's criticisms had to do with the camera, variety of enemies, and other things.