1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are your favorite foods/drinks?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Meg, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Meg

Meg Lalalalala

Because no forum is complete without a thread about food.

My favorite is Veil Parmesan!!!! I also had this chicken cabo (I think that's what it was called) which was heavenly. Oh yeah and chicken marsala (again I think that's what it's called) is good too. My great grandmother's oregano pizza is amazing too. In fact all here cooking is amazing.

I love good soups. Tomato bisque is one of my favorites as well as Italian wedding. Although all soup is better with cheese on it.

As far as drinks go I'm boring. I don't drink alcohol. In fact all I drink is water, milk, and sometimes lemonade. Yep, boring.

Well enough about me, what about you?

2. lorddemolatron

lorddemolatron Dark Lady XD

I like mostly Sphaghettii an Italian dish, but also I have some Polish favourite dishes too, for soups I like some of Polish: Tomato soup,cucumber soup XD.

I hate alcochol so I never getted that to me recently, last time I ever tasted this was Vodka on Highschool ball XD

3. Angel

Angel Administrator Administrator

I love chicken in pretty much any way, shape or form. My tastes in food have expanded in recent years so I'll give most things a go at least once. Really like kangaroo as a meat but it's so expensive here I rarely get the chance to eat it. Living in a house full of fussy eaters, I have to mostly stick to boring food that pleases everyone but on occasion I'll spend that little bit more on something nice for me to eat.

Drinks wise, I tend to stick to fruit juice, milk or hot drinks. Sometimes I have fizzy drinks like Coke but most of the time I forget to drink at all so I usually spend the day with a great big headache.

Magnolia Grandiflora likes this.
  4. Magnolia Grandiflora

Magnolia Grandiflora The Invisible Woman

Chicken, preferably fried, but it's amazing cooked in just about any way. Honestly, I rate a restaurant on how good their chicken is so don't ask me if you don't like chicken. Sweet potatoes, green beans, cornbread, home fries, pork and beans, country ham, deer meat and other various fattening southern delicacies but I also love watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries and a bunch of other, less fattening stuff. :D

Drinks: Sweet Tea - but only if it's sweet enough to give you cavities, Dr. Pepper, Cheerwine slushies or simply half-frozen Cheerwine. Doesn't sound really healthy, I'm sure, but I drink water too...occasionally.

5. Angel

What exactly is cornbread? And don't say it's corn but bread because that doesn't help ;)

I tell you what else I like. Palmiers. They are so freakin' fattening but at the same time they are more delicious than pastry rolled with sweet or savoury fillings ought to be.

6. Magnolia Grandiflora

Have you ever had hushpuppies? Hushpuppies are basically little balls of cornbread. :oops: Sorry I'm not better at explaining, I'm so ignorant of exactly what areas of the world don't serve/know about things that I love and of how to explain food in general. :oops: (I can't tell you how un-intelligent I sound when I try to explain what grits are to people at work. It ends up sounding something like: "Well...they're these little gritty things...and you eat 'em...they're best with butter...")

This might be more help than I am. :)

Angel likes this.
  7. Angel

It looks...mad. I was going to go on to ask what grits are too but seeing your explanation I figure it's probably best I don't :p

The blue corn bread in that link looks wholly unappetising but I suppose if you close your eyes you won't notice it. Just Wiki'd grits and am still none the wiser, if I'm honest, but I love this little bit:

I have never known science to take its lead from folklore in quite this manner before....absolutely brilliant :D

8. Magnolia Grandiflora

Never had the blue cornmeal but it does look weird, I can only guess it tastes the same... And there are different types of cornbread, even some I find disgusting, like baked cornbread. I grew up with fried cornbread and so that's how I eat it but a lot of people like it baked but I don't think it gets all the way done in the middle and so I stick to the fried, unhealthy stuff. It looks a lot like this only in biscuit sized patties, if that helps:

[​IMG]

Oh! I'm better at explaining grits now since someone explained all the technical stuff to me. It's ground up corn. I'm not sure if that helps, especially since people usually look at me weird when I say that, so I think I'll stick to the little gritty things you eat in butter. :D They're good but they're best when mixed with something, a lot of people mix them with their eggs, bacon or sausage; I personally like to mix them with country ham but that's me.

And I actually have heard that little bit of folklore. (Just the lore, though not the science thing. That just sounds stupid that someone actually wasted the time and money to figure out if that was true or not. :rolleyes:)

tremor and La Femme Fatale like this.
  9. La Femme Fatale

La Femme Fatale Super Moderator

I used to be a vegan/vegetarian for years, but there was a period there for reasons that will remain disclosed I had to break it a bit... and then I realized life is much better when you don't have to restrict to yourself 3/4 of the products on every shelf. My all-time favourite is dim sum - I especially love the steamed buns, dumplings, and sesame seed balls. Then some pad se-ew (Thai) and then some good ol' poutine and your traditional eggs, homefries, toast is amazing. And Pizza. From Pizza Hut. Delicious.
    . View attachment 13 View attachment 5 View attachment 6 View attachment 14 View attachment 4 View attachment 2 View attachment 3

Romero and Magnolia Grandiflora like this.
  10. cheezMcNASTY

cheezMcNASTY Entertain me.

Thin crust pizza. Mom's sourdough garlic bread. Fried bagels with cream cheese slay me.
    Hmm...every list needs a number 1 spot... Alright.

A breakfast bagel. Plain bagel, butter, cheese, salt, pepper, sausage patty, and an egg.

Favorite things to drink are IPAs, half-decent-at-least Merlot wines, Mountain Dew, and Dr. Pepper.

tremor and La Femme Fatale like this.
  11. La Femme Fatale

Bagels are amazing. Tim Horton's has a maple cinnamon french toast bagel. With cream cheese it is heavenly.

tremor and cheezMcNASTY like this.
  12. Angel

@ Magnolia - see, those things you posted a picture of look so nomalicious I'm going to have to figure out how the hell to make them seeing as I'm fairly certain you can't buy them over here. Screw the diet - I WANT THEM!

Rosti and sweetcorn fritters are also yummy, although when I make them it all goes to hell but still tastes nice. I'm a sucker for homemade pan pizza (you cook the dough in a frying pan and then grill the toppings after) and pasta dishes. Let's face it, I'm never going to be able to stick to my diet now I've mentioned all this stuff I like to eat - most of it contains all the calories and fat a person is allowed in a week...

tremor and Magnolia Grandiflora like this.
  13. Romero

Romero Member Gold Supporter

Such a good topic but I can't say what my favorite foods are because I don't know what they are called in English. Maybe they don't even got an English name...

So just to make it simple, my favorite food is Regina.

14. La Femme Fatale

Dude... I still remember the first time I brought up how hot Regina was at REN (and this was like, before I got powers so we're really going back) and you and Trinity were like 'um, no, we don't like her body proportions.'

:p

It happened. Edit; Right, favourite food... did I say poutines? I wouldn't be a good Canadian if I didn't say poutines.

Romero likes this.
  15. tremor

tremor woman of mayhem

Pork is my weakness...and along with that comes Italian cuisine and junk food. Lets just say Tremor loves food mmkay?

16. La Femme Fatale

Oh ya, that reminds me, the chicken gnocchi soup and breadsticks from the Olive Garden = food boner.

tremor likes this.
  17. Romero

Romero Member Gold Supporter

I don't remember that, I don't know what picture my comment was based on. Maybe I had only seen one image of Regina.
    I don't think Regina is the hottest of all game heroines, but on this forum she's hot enough in spite of lacking a bit in the flesh department. Please don't mention any RE heroines where Regina can hear it.

Oohh, I can mention a dish! I love pancakes with bacon and Canadian Marble syrup.

tremor likes this.
  18. Purple Nurple

Purple Nurple Chief Dino-rider

Food: Fried anything. Get something delicious and fry it. Deep fat fry it if you can. Make sure to breadcrumb it first though, deep frying an un breadcrumbed creme egg doesn't end well. Egg's benedict is probably the height of fried cuisine IMO.

Drink: Scrumpy cider (fortified cider made my local farmers. Can get up to 10% alchoholic contents and tastes delicious.)

Frijj chocolate fudge brownie. Mmmm.

tremor likes this.
  19. queenofdisco

queenofdisco Amazing Horse

Well, I was just eating salt+vinegar Kettle Chips and h'oh my gawd are they delicious. Had them before and they gave me a tongue ulcer, so what's the first thing I do? Eat them again, my friends. Like an effing champion.

Angel likes this.
  20. Angel

Have you tried Jonathan Crisp? Like Kettle Chips but even nicer. If your FB location is correct, it's just a short 24 mile journey to the nearest Home Bargains store to get a giant bag of Jonathan Crisp for just 50p. Yes, that's right - 50p. I know Scots are notoriously tight-fisted and all, but if you save for about a month, you'll be more comfortable with such an extravagant expenditure.

amirite?

queenofdisco likes this.