There needs to be a thread here - anyone played it?

Angel

Administrator
Administrator
All I know is its all dinosaurs in space or something...

Gikoku

Hot Dog and a Shake
Never played it either and I'm not sure if I want to as well.

Haven

Nope, never played it either. I've never owned an xbox and I don't have the need to buy one just to play this. From what I've heard: they got rid of third energy and Regina, it's set 300 years in the future, and the dinos in the game aren't really dinosaurs o_O

Larae

I still have my old XBOX, so if I come across a copy I'll pick it up. Although, I am not excited over the premise of the story, haha. Regina/Third Energy being gone is a huge turn off as well.
Also, the only reason I kept that XBOX was for Shenmue II, I still like to play that from time to time.

But yeah, if I happen across a copy of DC3 I will let you all know what it's like. IF I come across a copy...o_O

Meg

Lalalalala
I have never played it either. I feel bad for this section of the forums. No love. :(

Storyofmylife

♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
I played the ending of it on my friend's xbox a while back. You get into a little space ship thingy to fight the very last boss which is a giant T rex. It was too easy honestly. I got bored and didn't even want to play it from the beginning after I beat it. /:

Xranger60

I followed the development of this game closely, and was severely disappointed when the reviews came out. Even as a fan of the series, such low review scores kept me from picking it up.

I made an account here just to show DC3 some love. I played this game, in fact, I've beaten this game countless times. It is one of my favorite games of all time. I know this game got a lot of hate and that makes me sad because it was such a fun game. I loved everything about it, the atmosphere, the setting aka the spaceship, the graphics, music, boss fights, etc. were all amazing. Of course it had its flaws but nothing is perfect. The one thing I wasn't too fond of was the camera. Other than that, the game was perfect. I really wish there was a way to get Capcom to port or remaster this game for Xbox One and PS4. Honestly, I would pay hundreds of dollars for a straight-up port with no improvements (told you I love this game) or a remastered version. I've tweeted Capcom about this but it seems to have fallen on deaf ears. Please help get this game revived. I would do anything just to play this game. I even made this account just to reply to this topic.

I play the game every now and then. There is Third Energy in the game - in the future it's been stabilised to the extent that it's a reliable ship's reactor. They also mastered pin-point precision teleportation as well. That's why the dinosaurs come out of portals in the middle of rooms - MTHR's teleporting them to kill you.

But yeah, there are no real dinosaur species in this game. Instead they're human-dinosaur hybrids. Basically, MTHR was ordered to clone the dead crew to guarantee someone would colonise the planet they were headed too. Due to environmental issues (ship flooded with radiation for a few years) MTHR started grafting dinosaur DNA onto the embryos (presumably collected by the Noah's Ark team) when it was discovered they were more resistant to cosmic radiation.