1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's get fit!

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Storyofmylife, May 8, 2012.

1. Storyofmylife

Storyofmylife ♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬

I'm gonna make an inspirational thread so we can try to get in shape! If you don't care about getting in shape, click off this thread... If you do you've come to the right place. I'm gonna be your Jillian Michaels... As in I'm going to be a hardass if you ask me why you need to do those crunches, jumping jacks, or weights! :mad:

Anyway this might just be for me, I don't care. I'm gonna post some pics to inspire myself and hopefully others.

The main reason I'm working out is to burn off a bit of cellulite here and there... What is cellulite you ask? If you don't work out for a very long time it could end up looking like THIS. I can't let it get this bad, so this is why I will be working out. (This picture is not of me btw, mine isn't nearly this bad thank goodness, but I'm not going to let it get this bad)

[​IMG]

My goal and who I want to look like with the end result is something like this...

[​IMG]

Who's with me??? Who wants to wear a bikini by the end of June? I DO! I'm willing to help anyone if needed. I'm doing boot camp exercises every other day and I'll post my progress by the end of this month.

Currently I'm 135lbs at 5 foot 8 inches. I plan to be 120lbs by the end of June. Don't let me cave guys and I will do the same for any of you willing to get in shape this year! :)

2. Angel

Angel Administrator Administrator

135lbs? Is that all? I officially hate you :p - that's the weight I'm supposed to be. But I'm SO not.

I wish I had the willpower to get into shape - I'm so overweight it's ridiculous and I really need to get healthier for my kids if nothing else. I just have zero routine to my day so anything I do eat is often snatched and then just turned into fat.

3. La Femme Fatale

La Femme Fatale Super Moderator

I wish I had Story's weight issues. :p 5'8 and 135 pounds. That's rough. :p

I need to lose about 55-60 pounds this summer. Srsly.

4. Storyofmylife

From what I've seen you two look fine. :p Once you get the willpower to exercise though it's almost like you can't stop. What stopped me honestly was school. I had to park my ass on the couch for months studying 8 hours a day, and believe me, it drove me crazy! I hate being still. I also am the type who doesn't look right at all with an extra few pounds/curves on me. It's either crazy thin, or big upper body with little legs (think a penguin, but not quite as cute). Not cool!

I'm working out from home Angel so I could give you a few pointers on a quick 30 min regimen. In 30 mins you can do 10 burpees, 100 jumping jacks, 100 jump rope, arm weights AND leg weights. That's what I'm doing right now (well not RIGHT now literally because I'm typing to you two). I'll work my way up and add on 100 jumping squats, and 140 crunches, then 2 miles every other day.

Sometime this week I'm going to check out a place called "cross fit". That's a place where you cross train your body and do cardio, weights, and all different sorts of exercise in a one hour regimen.

Also, diet wise I'm trying (but not successfully) to cut out ALL sodas. I haven't completely done that, but I'm working my way off of them. Water is the key, and so are eggs in the morning, eggs can make you lose weight like crazy. Stay away from bananas because they're meant to put on the pounds, and of course eat your vegetables! :p

5. La Femme Fatale

La Femme Fatale Super Moderator

Bleh, vegetables. :p

6. Storyofmylife

I never took you for being picky. Salad is like a natural laxative in case you didn't already know. Hence why vegetables are good for you! You sh!t those pounds out in no time! :p

7. Azer249

Azer249 Steam: Azer249

So, exercise...

I'll leave now.

8. Magnolia Grandiflora

Magnolia Grandiflora The Invisible Woman

9. Storyofmylife

LMAO. I needed some Olivia today... I did everything I told myself I would do though and only had half a soda! but I did have sweet tea... Not nearly as bad as soda though... But now I'm indulging in a snickers bar which is bad, but I don't care. It's delicious. :eek:

10. Magnolia Grandiflora

I can't cut out everything completely. I try to cut down on bread and I steer clear of friend potatoes as often as possible...even though it's hard because I love fried potatoes but I do drink water while I'm at work, only drinking sodas when I'm eating and sweet tea or water when I'm off.

11. Azer249

Is this a food thread? I like cake and i just ate some ice cream.

As for losing that weight..

lololoololol me? Don't be silly.

12. Storyofmylife

I just had a chilli dog all the way with fried okra so I may be eating more junk food than you are. :p My motto mostly is to drink mostly water unless with my meal, but when you exercise a lot you can pretty much eat whatever the hell you want... It's just all in moderation.

13. Azer249

It's like 12:30 Am and you guys are making me hungry. God damn it, why does everyone have to be asleep.

But seriously, good luck to you guys trying to lose weight, nice to see some people trying rather than the typical girls in my area "LOL IM SO FAT N UGLEH"

14. Magnolia Grandiflora

I drink water at work because it's hot as all get out and water keeps me the most hydrated; sodas just make me all de-hydrated and what not.

Storyofmylife likes this.
  15. Storyofmylife

Yeah, I noticed after only drinking sodas and alcohol for the past few weeks even my SKIN was dehydrated and ashy. Crazy how much your body needs pure water. I don't think I'll ever stop drinking sweet tea though, no matter how hard I try, I can't NOT be southern. ;)

Magnolia Grandiflora likes this.
  16. Angel

Pretty similar here although I think about 80 would really sort me out. I can blame it on having enormous babies but the truth is, I barely have time to go to the bathroom these days, let alone start a regime. Unless I exercise at midnight, I don't know where I'd find the time to do it.

:p
    LOL - you've only seen my face! That's about the skinniest part of me :p The local leisure centre here has X-Train which I think is like that cross fit thing you're talking about, but the cost is too much. Plus by the time I've walked the 2 miles to the centre, I'm already knackered!

I just don't know how or when I'd get the time to do proper exercise. I mean, I go out daily and because we don't have a car we walk EVERYWHERE but with Jake the way he is, getting any sort of time to myself is impossible. And I can't include him because he doesn't understand.

It's frustrating in a way because I was my ideal weight back in 2007 and then I became disabled for the best part of a year which didn't help. Then I got pregnant with twins (again, didn't help); then I had surgery which meant 8 weeks of lying in bed for recovery followed by finally getting back to normal only to find out I was expecting Jake :eek:

Since then I've been piling on the pounds and it's really hard to shift them. I hate it when the doctor does my BMI and just looks at me like I ought to have died already :p

17. queenofdisco

queenofdisco Amazing Horse

Who knew I'd get to post the same video twice on the same forum?

18. Storyofmylife

Well you seem to be walking more than I am which is a good thing. It's great for your heart and makes you live longer!!! I know in Europe you walk everywhere and here in Mericahh you drive everywhere. That's one of the reasons why America is getting fatter, and don't forget all the XXL sizes in food/drinks.

I'm sure once you give your children time you'll have time to exercise in a few years. Being a mother isn't easy and I'm sure you're burning calories just taking care of the little ones! My mother used to take me to the gym with her, but then she had to stop because I'd screw with her weights and almost get hurt. :p

Today's regimen for me will be leg weights, 100 jumping squats, 50 push ups, and 140 crunches. Wooo... At least I'm finally exercising. It feels good once you start. I can't imagine taking care of children on top of that though... phew! That'd be a workout within a workout!

19. Angel

It was easier when I just had the one and if I'm honest it would probably be easier if Jake didn't have special needs because then he could come along with me to places or whatever. But at least I'm not putting any more weight on thanks to running around after the kids - I've kind of plateaud where I am but I'd ideally like to lose a certain amount by the time I'm 35.

*cue hysterical laughter*

20. Storyofmylife

I'm sure you will! I have faith in you! :)

Angel likes this.