1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi, I'm Splain

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Splain, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Splain

Splain New Member

Hey everybody, not sure how active these forums are but I see people have posted over the past few months!

I am new to Dino Crisis, actually never played it but just received a copy of the first one for ps1 and am going to do a blind let's play of it on my youtube channel soon. I love learning about games as I play them so once I finish it up I hope to have some good conversations about the story!

I am a huge huge Resident Evil fan so I am looking forward to Dino Crisis very much!

2. Magnolia Grandiflora

Magnolia Grandiflora The Invisible Woman

Hello! I'm so sorry about the modest welcome but you're correct in assuming this forum isn't overly active. We did get a little more active a couple months ago when we got some new members but it petered off again.

I do want to welcome you to the forums, though! If you love Resident Evil, I'm sure you'll love Resident Evil with dinosaurs...er...Dino Crisis. :oops: My only advice is: play with a pen and paper beside you - nothing too big, a sticky note will do but you'll need it. Don't know how good the conversation will be but I'll be glad to discuss the story with you once you finish it or help you if you should need it.

And if you love Resident Evil and don't already know about it, skip on over to Steve's other forum - REN - and make an account there. Infinitely more active and very friendly folks over there!

La Femme Fatale likes this.
  3. Krskull

Krskull Kamen Rider

Hello there and welcome. Sorry for being late. Hope you enjoy the game and the story :).

4. Splain

Splain New Member

Thanks! I appreciate it! I plan on playing through the entire series through this coming year. I hear that it takes the same path as Resident Evil in that the first one is more survival horror and then they become more action oriented.

I normally have a pen and paper handy at my desk for puzzles and the likes, haven't had to use it in a long time though so that is exciting!

5. Magnolia Grandiflora

The series did take an action-approach with the second one and Dino Stalker, both of which were just running around shooting dinosaurs - though from what I know about Dino Stalker it seemed to be more rail shooter with a predetermined path. The first one will always be the best story and gameplay wise but I'm biased, lol.

La Femme Fatale likes this.
  6. La Femme Fatale

La Femme Fatale Super Moderator

Your name reminds me of when I was a lil' kid and didn't realize there was an 'ex' in explain. I'd have to splain myself.

Welcome to the boards.

Magnolia Grandiflora likes this.
  7. Magnolia Grandiflora

Lucy! You got some splainin' to do! *waggles finger*