Greetings.

Not sure how I didn't stumble across this sooner, considering I tend to do a weekly search for Dino Crisis related media (fan-art, discussions, videos etc...) but whatever.

Been a fan of Dino Crisis since I was a youngin' after playing a demo for the game included in the old Playstation Magazine.
That said, I prefer DC1 to DC2, and never played DC3 or the light-gun game.

Like many fans I've got my own ideas for how a resurrection of Dino Crisis would work... but I've been told my ideas are more unorthodox than usual.
But hey, that might be just one more reason to hold out hope that the series gets revisited someday right?

Krskull

Kamen Rider
Welcome to the forum.

Just ignore those people unorthodox ideas is what Dino Crisis is all about

Thanks for the welcomes everyone.

As for my own ideas: I've been told they are unorthodox because if I had it my way I wouldn't call a new Dino Crisis, well, Dino Crisis. It'd need a brand new title.
I would likely turn SORT into a sort of, SCP Foundation-like organization that deals with supernatural and extra-normal phenomenon and entities. Dinosaurs, time-travel, and insane mad scientists would be just be par for course.
The only real constant between games/episodes/adventures/whathaveyou would be Regina as the main character.

La Femme Fatale

Super Moderator
You weren't kidding when you said unorthodox. Your ideas are interesting, but might as well be a wholly different game/series of games.

I very much enjoyed Dino Crisis as it was in the first two instalments. A continuation of that would be good enough for me. :)

True. I don't deny that it might have more success as it's own thing.
If I had it my way, I would make a game with 4-5 self-contained episodes (similar to what Capcom appears to be trying with Resident Evil Revelations 2) each focusing on a different theme of horror. The controls and abilities would remain the same across all episodes, but different threats would force you to think and act differently.
I just happen to like Regina and Dino Crisis enough to use them as a base. My theoretical episodic game would start out with a remake of Dino Crisis 1, and likely a completely revamped Dino Crisis 2.