1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A remake of the first or DC 4?

Discussion in 'Dino Crisis General Discussion' started by La Femme Fatale, Feb 17, 2012.

1. La Femme Fatale

La Femme Fatale Super Moderator

Most of us who love the game really want to see Capcom breathe some life back into the series... how do you think (or helplessly hope, it looks like) they should do so? With a remake of the first game as they did with Resident Evil or with Dino Crisis 4? Discuss!

2. Magnolia Grandiflora

Magnolia Grandiflora The Invisible Woman

Well I'm up for a DC4 seeing as how good DC was anyway but only if Regina is reinstated as the main character. If not, remake the first one.

3. Haven

Haven New Member

I would prefer a Dino Crisis 4 really, as long as it brings Regina back. A remake of the original would be pretty cool, but I wonder if the gameplay would be the same? They changed the RE gameplay to third person shooter, i'd hate to see them do that to DC.....Actually, I think they should just leave it. Just re-release 1 & 2 on the PS Store, they're still great games even now :). Plus, a new DC could potentially ruin the series even more. Which is probably why Capcom are not interested in doing it, seeing how 3 was a disaster.

4. La Femme Fatale

I've noticed Dino Crisis' success has seemed to always ride on the coattails of Jurassic Park... I read an article last year where a Capcom spokesperson noted that while they hadn't forgotten the franchise and it still comes up from time to time, there apparently isn't a large enough interest in dinosaurs on the gaming market and DC 3 did go a bit off the rails. I wonder if the new Jurassic Park movie coming out in the next couple years might change their mind... hmm...

It could go either way for me and I'd be a happy lady. But Dino Crisis 1 with high definition graphics and features they couldn't do in the 90s (like having dinosaurs be able to smell your blood and chase you) would be kind of amazing.

Magnolia Grandiflora likes this.
  5. ArabPikachu

ArabPikachu Member

My vote goes to preferring a remake of the first Dino Crisis game taking a couple of notes from the 2002 remake of Resident Evil

I want the semi-fixed camera (which was reused for Resident Evil: Code: Veronica) to be replaced by over the shoulder camera (more precisely the one used by Resident Evil 6)

6. Krskull

Krskull Kamen Rider

It won't make a difference to me. as long as they don't go Resident Evil 4 on us by changing the genre from Survival horror to action.

7. La Femme Fatale

Didn't they sort of do that in DC 2?

8. Magnolia Grandiflora

The more time goes on and I see what Resident Evil has done with their older installments - or what other people have done in the case of the unofficial RE2 remake - I'd love to see DC remade. (And add a dodge system! Be still my beating heart.)

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

La Femme Fatale likes this.
  9. La Femme Fatale

I don't know why Capcom refuses to touch it. Dino Crisis was quite successful in its time, wasn't it?

It has so much potential for a remake. I would buy a PS4 for DC in HD. And I don't even play video games anymore.

10. Magnolia Grandiflora

I would buy a PS4 for any Dino Crisis bone they would throw our way if they would just try. Can't attest to how popular it was back in the day seeing as how I was quite young when it came out - I had no idea as to the true success of Resident Evil until I got older - but I would assume it had at least moderate success for them to make a DC2 in relatively quick succession. (Much longer and DC2 would have been released on PS2.)

11. ArabPikachu

ArabPikachu Member

@La Femme Fatale
    I liked your idea of having dinosaurs capable of smelling your blood and chasing the player

12. CosmonautCowboy

CosmonautCowboy New Member

I'd love to see either, but I'd want it updated. Fixed camera and stunted movement are complete anachronisms at this point--in my humble opinion. You can be faithful to the core concepts while evolving with the times and technology. I'd use Metal Gear Solid as an example of that.

One thing's for sure, Dino Crisis deserves another shot. It doesn't have to be a huge AAA console game, either, I bet they could do and amazing Dino Crisis for 3DS.

13. ArabPikachu

ArabPikachu Member

I'd love to have a remake of the first Dino Crisis game being advertised by Captain Commando (Capcom's original mascot)

14. La Femme Fatale

And how about more realistic designs?

Like dinosaurs with feathers and people with fingers?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  15. CosmonautCowboy

Fingers would be great! :D

16. ArabPikachu

ArabPikachu Member

In the original Dino Crisis, the in-game character models had their fingers glued together (this was due to tech limitations at the time) but I'm on board with the idea of in-game character models having moving fingers in a Dino Crisis remake.

17. Krskull

Krskull Kamen Rider

That is a good idea. and maybe we could have a dino puppy or pet.

18. CosmonautCowboy

If they do bring it back, it would pretty much have one shot at success. One of the top execs at Capcom recently said they'll no longer consider sequels for a game that doesn't sell 2 million copies. Not sure what the sales figures on Dino Crisis 1 &2 were, at the time it seemed popular. Of course that was quite a while ago....o_O

19. La Femme Fatale

The first Dino Crisis sold 2.4 million copies and the second one also did well. I'd be okay with one shot at success at this point... if done right it could be amazing.

20. CosmonautCowboy

Those are solid numbers. You'd think it'd be worth a shot for them to see if the interest is still there.

Given that Dino Crisis was often said to be "Resident Evil with dinosaurs," I'd think they could use a game like Resident Evil: Revelations as a base to quickly build a new Dino Crisis game. Sometimes I think they put too much emphasis on building everything from the ground up, instead of using assets they already have to make fun games.