Will Jurassic World Help Dino Crisis?

I just saw Jurassic World today, and it's a fun movie. More to the point, it's be a huge financial success, posting the largest global opening of any movie in history. Obviously people still love dinosaurs, but do you think anyone at Capcom is paying attention?

Given the current tendency to remake old games, you'd think it would be something to consider!

La Femme Fatale

Super Moderator
Honestly, I can't see Capcom touching Dino Crisis until it's done milking whatever it can with Resident Evil. The good thing in that regard though is that zombies appear to be on their way out - the enthusiasm does seem to be dying down. I am hoping that if Jurassic World and its sequels are a commercial success, Capcom might consider a reboot of the series. I suppose it's not impossible, but I would still give it quite a few years yet.

Magnolia Grandiflora

The Invisible Woman
I remember being hopeful for something like this when Jurassic World was announced but Capcom shot the idea down pretty hard. Not saying that, after seeing what a financial success the latest Jurassic installment is won't change their minds, just saying that the last time they were confronted with it they denied any plans to revive the series.

Taylor the Impaler

Third Energy Physics Research
I mentioned this subject here before. Though I don't think it'll be enough for just the success of Jurassic World, rather dinos will have to fully become the new trend. Like zombies or pirates before.

We'll have to see, but it doesn't look as likely as I hoped.

Last edited:

La Femme Fatale

Super Moderator
So Jurassic World, shockingly, came in second on Google's list of top trending searches for 2015. So, if people were apparently searching for Jurassic World more than they were searching for Donald Trump, Caitlyn Jenner, Paris, Fallout 4, and Ronda Rousey, etc etc... I don't know what it means for a DC reboot, but that's super interesting nonetheless.

Magnolia Grandiflora

The Invisible Woman
I'm surprised but I'm not totally surprised. There was hella hype for this movie, partly because the time gap since the last Jurassic flick and partly because of the new dinosaur. Really hoping this means good things for us Dino Crisis fans!!

I see they just released a new edition of the N64 game Turok: Dinosaur Hunter for PC on Steam. The graphics look the same to me, I guess it's just got HD textures added to them or something. There's also a game on Steam called ARK: Survival Evolved that seems to feature dinosaurs, and is getting quite a bit of attention.

I agree that it's probably going to take a lot more to bring Capcom to the table. Still, franchises are a valuable commodity, just like in movies. Maybe once they're done with the RE2 remake, they'll turn to Dino Crisis. Although, let's face it, they'll probably do RE3 next!

La Femme Fatale

Super Moderator
Even if they do, it shouldn't take nearly as long, considering most of the settings are the same. It would be awesome for Capcom to include RE 3 in the RE 2 remake though...

Another E3 has come and gone, and we've got more Resident Evil and no Dino Crisis! I don't really expect anything, but Tokyo Game Show is probably the next best bet to hear something. Surely the Nintendo NX will make it's debut there, who knows what they'll announce. If Nintendo is smart they'll have lined up several third party games for launch, maybe Dino Crisis will be one of them!

One can dream, anyway.