What did you think of Dino crisis 2

ReaperKnight

Angel of Death
I loved it played/ watched/ didnt know what i was doing when i was real little
Recently last August my brother came home and had this downloaded to his PS3 i was in a stupor for about 5 minutes just saying " Dino crisis" until i finally turned on the game played for ten minutes then went to bed then beat it the next day sadly its the only one ive played and dont have any of the other 2 to compare it to

Magnolia Grandiflora

The Invisible Woman
Well you can get the original at the PSN store and I'm not sure but Dino Stalker is probably on there too. (Which I've heard is more of the sequel/follow up to Dino Crisis 2 than Dino Crisis 3 is. And Dino Crisis 3 is an X Box exclusive.)

I honestly wish I could tell you what I thought about DC2 but I've never played it. I've seen it played though and, while it looks interesting, I don't think I'll like it as much as I like the original. (Nevertheless, I am working on getting it from PSN.)

ReaperKnight

Angel of Death
ahh its good to know that Dino crisis two had a follow up instead of the whole spaceasarus Rex deal

Magnolia Grandiflora

The Invisible Woman
I don't think it ties things up with Dylan exactly but it follow Paula, or so I'm told. Other people have told me that it should have been Dino Crisis 3 so I guess that means something.

La Femme Fatale

Super Moderator
I think it was a great follow-up to the first game - the main issues people had with the first game was that there weren't very many dinosaurs and there were too many puzzles. So as a result, Capcom got rid of all the puzzles, and about the dinosaur deal - well, you've killed more dinosaurs in the first ten minutes of playing DC 2 than throughout the entire first game. And I'm not exaggerating. The weapon selection was pretty cool, and I loved running through a jungle as opposed to being stranded in a gigantic grey building. And some of the backgrounds were beautiful. Like the part with the plants that emit poisonous gas - that one part at the very end is so pretty.

That said - I love the game, but for me it played a bit too much like an arcade game in the sense that I don't really want to be given 100 extinction points for each dinosaur I kill so I can buy my own ammo. I also would have liked more time playing as Regina - Dylan is a bit clunky and slow. There are some truly frightening moments in DC 1 - especially when you don't kill some of the dinosaurs so they're all like 'u tink u can run away from me? hehehe sucka!' but there's unfortunately none of that here. Regardless, it's still a great game, and a solid 8.5/9 for me. But imo, apart from the graphics, DC 1 was pretty close to perfection in regards to what I want out of a video game.

And it's still required playing though for this series, Dino Stalker and Dino Crisis 3 can be waved off - but every DC fan needs to give 2 a good shot.

Haven

I liked it, but not as much as the original. What I loved about the original was the horror element and the puzzles, but this game is good too. Shooting down dinosaurs is incredibly satisfying and fun. I actually liked the double character thing, playing two different styles was great; especially when going through the same route you went as the other. And I don't think I would've cared much for Dylan if he wasn't playable :p. The amount of dinosaur species is really great, the original only had a few; this has underwater dinosaurs, giant carnivorous dinosaurs, and of course small dinosaurs. Overall, I really liked it; I just wish there where a few puzzles. And...I want to know what happened to Dylan and Paula! :mad:

Magnolia Grandiflora

The Invisible Woman
I think what happened to Paula is explained in Dino Stalker, or at least a little more of her life is anyway, but I don't think Dylan is mentioned at all.

La Femme Fatale

Super Moderator
Oh no... oh no no no no no... this is all wrong.... :p

Wait 'til you get to the part where the compy takes your key card. :D

Magnolia Grandiflora

The Invisible Woman
Already been there and it actually didn't take as long as I thought it would once I figured out he wasn't going to be sweet and go into the little vent that lead to the same room as the trap, but I closed the vents on my first pass through the rooms just in case. (Because I definitely remember overzealous compys following me through vents in the first game. *iz smarticle* ;) )

Larae

When I first played 2, I was excited but didn't really enjoy the way the game progressed.
I didn't like Dylan, and I didn't like the scoring system being added.
I don't think I finished it, even. Now that I've seen it's on PSN, I still don't want to replay it, even for that low price.
Thinking of the first as a stand alone title is the route I've taken.

Also, the thing about Third Energy not being mentioned^, after all of Dr. Kirk's research, well that was a little silly. I mean, come on now. o_O

Magnolia Grandiflora

The Invisible Woman
I honestly can't believe that no one learned from his mistake! Not one but TWO groups of people were stranded through a Third Energy time-warp portal-thing, which lead to yet a third group being stranded as well. You'd think people would realize that, while genius, Third Energy is not stable and should not be toyed with. :rolleyes:

I also didn't like how Regina was seemingly watered-down to fit into a game with these two macho alpha male-types. I mean the first game had a very nice blend of the average guy, the alpha male and then a calm, cool voice of reason. (Regina.) She seemed mighty passive and indifferent in this game, though, like she didn't have an opinion about anything. It was severely disappointing.

(Love the Regina sig, La Femme. Now I want Tremor to make me one. :( Must...go...ask...)

La Femme Fatale

Super Moderator
When we talk about the third energy not being mentioned... in what capacity do we mean? I know Kirk himself is only noted once or twice, but there's a bunch of Third Energy research facilities and stuff...

As for Regina.. hmm... I actually never thought of that before. I found her still quite biting and sarcastic at the beginning, but that was in response to Dylan being an ass to her. Maybe it can be chalked up to the fact that she doesn't know Dylan and David in the same way that she does Gail and Rick? People behave different around people they don't know... or maybe Capcom just messed up a bit there. I dunno, like I said I didn't really notice it that much.

Magnolia Grandiflora

The Invisible Woman
Did I say Third Energy? No I meant Kirk isn't mentioned and he's the brain behind Third Energy. (My mistake.) I mean he's the guy that got all this time-warp, dino's in the present/future instead of the past thing rolling and he's not mentioned at all. I mean you're using his technology, his idea, his mad scientist-ness and you're not even crediting him? I scream PLAGARISM! BLASPHEMY! SACRILEGE!

...o.0...

And now back to your regular broadcasting.

La Femme Fatale

Super Moderator
I guess Capcom felt that the plaque on one of those pillars - at a time when you really shouldn't be sitting around reading crap - at the end there was enough credit for him. *sigh*