This question has been bothering me for years....

La Femme Fatale

Super Moderator
Ready for it....

Is Regina Japanese or North American/European? 'Cause I'm not sure if I'm the only one who noticed her face changed significantly between the two games.

Magnolia Grandiflora

The Invisible Woman
I noticed that too. Originally I assumed that, much like the Resident Evil cast, she was North American - especially since, while the government she works for is never outright stated, she does work for a specific government organization and the rest of her team was North American - and that is still my belief.

I thinkk, she's Japanese-North American(one of the parents is Japanese), but her citizenship is American(because, as Magnolia Grandiflora said, she's agent of special forces).

Larae

I had always been confused about this as well, but a lot of the time I have to wonder about whether or not it has to do with the graphics of the time.
I know that a lot of developers/franchises have seemingly American-looking characters, who are actually of different background. With the English voice acting, it can be confusing. Regina's face always looked more Japanese than North-American to me.
When I played Tomb Raider for the first time, I thought that Lara looked sort of Hispanic even though I knew she was British.
Unsure looks + voice acting = confusion.
In games like Shadow Hearts, you have characters from all different backgrounds, yet they all seem to be sort of, er, Americanized. Haha.