Things that baffle us

La Femme Fatale

Super Moderator
What are some things that confuzzled you as you played through the game? Other than like, the whole Third Energy thing... which I still kinda don't get...

1. Gail falling off the cliff at the very beginning, after Bubbles pushed him through the fence. How did he not die? It looked like a long way down...

2. When Tom 'rescues' Rick in the hospital room... srsly Rick, I can take down 30+ dinosaurs with a peashooter and a shotgun, and you can't handle one dinosaur - that had been sleeping no less - with that big-ass gun of yours? Hmph hmph hmph.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
1. When Regina is injured and bleeding she, for no apparent reason, is perfectly fine when she's riding the elevator. Not stairs, not doors, just the elevator. She stands up straight and no blood comes out.

2. How the T-Rex manages to get around a facility where most places are 1/3rd of it's height.

3. Why, all of a sudden, dinosaurs start appearing that are of different colors and breeds. If they were all transported into the facility at the same time, there is no reason half of them would have been doing nothing for half of the game.

4. Guns can't be looted off of corpses. Why???

5. How all the emergency boxes are connected somehow. Makes no sense.

6. Rick's haircut. It's stupid.

La Femme Fatale

Super Moderator
I am also baffled over how in the world Gail's arm doesn't get tired when he's 'watching' Dr. Kirk as you're supposed to find the initializer and stabilizer. Srsly... he's like, sitting there, pointing his gun at Kirk for about half-an-hr or longer in some cases and he never moves an inch.

It was probably the most awkward 30 minutes of their lives.

I am also baffled over how in the world Gail's arm doesn't get tired when he's 'watching' Dr. Kirk as you're supposed to find the initializer and stabilizer. Srsly... he's like, sitting there, pointing his gun at Kirk for about half-an-hr or longer in some cases and he never moves an inch.

It was probably the most awkward 30 minutes of their lives.
Gail is a superman.
Maybe he moves when we're going for initializer and stabilizer. Changes his hand,for example.
Capcom was lazy for drawing other Gail's poses)

Regina's facial appearance in CG art changed between the first two Dino Crisis games.

She looked more Japanese in the first game but they scrapped her Japanese-look in Dino Crisis 2 o_O

Rogozhin

It baffles me that the obvious sexual tension between Kirk and Gail was never explored in any future works. Gail doesn't have self-esteem issues, no doubt, but you'd never know it when he was holding Kirk at gunpoint in that greasy little office. He held that machine gun up in one hand, completely still, for about an hour. Must've been tiring.

You could blame it on the animators for taking short cuts, I suppose. That seems excessively cynical.

I didn't notice sexual tension in the scene of Gail holding Kirk at gunpoint in Dr. Kirk's lab.

It baffles me that the obvious sexual tension between Kirk and Gail was never explored in any future works.
If there was sexual tension between Gail and Dr. Kirk, my conviction is Capcom would have already publicized information about it. After all, RE2 (a game that showed sexual tension between Leon and Ada) came out a year before the original Dino Crisis.

Rogozhin

That comment may not have been written with the degree of seriousness you may have taken from it. Possibly. It's also possible I did genuinely believe it in April. That was a terribly long time ago.

Well, even if there was, Regina would hardly have noticed. She was rather busy. But they spent two hours or so looking each other over in that cramped little room. Warm summer night, so close to death, a quick glance here and there, never more.

It'd be hilarious if they had made such a revelation. The game's done, the series is soon to be forgotten, but they couldn't let the fans leave without knowing. In Dino Crisis 4, probably set about this year, their original vision would in actuality have ended in marriage. Rick could be the celebrant.