The Necessity of Deceit

La Femme Fatale

Super Moderator
I don't typically read fanfiction anymore as I don't have the time, but I stumbled on this about a month or so and thought I'd share.

It takes place after the first Dino Crisis game and before the second. It's incredibly well-written. Lots of attention to detail and a highly political plot. The author has all the main characters pegged brilliantly - and there is a really Game of Thronsish vibe to it - I squeed when the author said he or she has read the books several times. As of the 17th chapter there's no relationship yet, but there are hints or undertones of a possible Regina/Kirk, although I don't see that coming to fruition. Finding it for me was an absolute jackpot.

It's long - it's now over 100,000 words so if you're going to tackle it, I'd recommend taking your time. It's really smart, and very well-written. So anyone who has the time to read it, I definitely give it 10 thumbs up.

Wait no, two thumbs. I don't have 10 thumbs.

If you're interested - click here!

Magnolia Grandiflora

The Invisible Woman
Thanks for sharing, Femme! When I have some spare time, I'll definitely check it out.

Aaaannnndddd bookmarked. ;)

La Femme Fatale

Super Moderator
My pleasure.

It's really fantastic - it deserves a far larger readership than it's getting. Which right now is just me and some other chick. :D

Magnolia Grandiflora

The Invisible Woman
Well you know how it is. A form of media goes under and no one cares about it anymore.
I was actually pretty surprised at how long the X-Men Evolution section stayed moderately active after its cancellation.
And for some reason people don't appreciate the writers who can actually write. They'd rather have that dumb'd down, Fifty Shades of Twilight ****. In fact, the lack of active reviewers/followers for the fic lets me know it's awesome.

La Femme Fatale

Super Moderator
Don't you hate that? I was reading/writing lots of Phantom of the Opera fics when I was a teenager... and the stories with underdeveloped OCs and vaguely coherent writing always seemed to be the most popular. Ugh.

The DC section on FF.net is weird. When I was updating my story (which I've long abandoned because I'm awful at finishing anything I start) I was averaging like, 130 hits per chapter. Which wasn't bad for a section that seems pretty dead. People seem to be reading but not so skilled at feedback. :D

La Femme Fatale

Super Moderator
Well, I haven't had that problem much, aha. But then again, I usually stop writing all of my stories 1/4 way through because I have the attention span of a five-year-old.

Actually, a five-year-old could probably complete something.

Magnolia Grandiflora

The Invisible Woman
Did Kirk/Regina become fic-canon? Cause I think that's the only time I can see you squeeing. :p

I wish we'd been able to keep these smilies on REN with our zombie ones. They're just so cute.

La Femme Fatale

Super Moderator
No, it's not that... they're still arguing. Some things never change. :p

And yeah they should have kept these smilies. I can never see the expressions on the zombies so I don't find them terribly helpful. :D

Magnolia Grandiflora

The Invisible Woman
Did they have a particularly awesome fight that is like...so relationshippy or something? Just tell me! :p

I know. I miss these little guys. :(