So...how about those dinosaurs, eh?

Angel

Administrator
Administrator
Don't know about the rest of you, but my Dino Crisis game box boasts the following jaw-dropping information:

Dino Crisis blurb said:
Realistic animal movements have been rigorously mimicked
Um...what? How many dinosaurs do we have currently in circulation in order to mimic them "rigorously"? And just how rigorous is...rigorous? Are we talking regular observations or something more...intimate?

ARE WE ABOUT TO SEE PEOPLE/DINO HYBRIDS???

Just asking. I'm out of coffee, so, you know...

Haven

This actually brings something interesting up (I was going to make a thread about this, but i'll post it here), one of the Dinosaur species in this game is actually inaccurate.

You guys remember Therizinosaurus? These guys:

This game shows them as a carnivorous animal that kills its prey with its sharp claws. However, recent research has revealed that they were in fact herbivores and much larger than the game shows them to be. They did have claws, but they were for grasping vegetation, not for killing. The animal in the game was made smaller to make it fit within the corridors in the lab facility (apparently). However, at the time of the games release pretty much nothing was known about these animals apart from their claws. They didn't even have teeth like in the game, they had a beak to chew plants.

This is what they really looked like:

Someone on deviant art made a cool edit on the official art work:

La Femme Fatale

Super Moderator
The Velociraptors were pretty off as well. Raptors were apparently quite small - and would barely reach the waist of a normal sized human in height (and had feathers), but Jurassic Park significantly altered how they are presented in popular culture and now they're like your generic big scary dinosaur.