It's kind of difficult to lose during the 'boss fights', eh?

Xranger60

I was struck at the lack of traditional "boss battles" in this game, but it was refreshing. I felt that when Rick sent Regina to retrieve the port card from the survivors attempting to use the elevator, a boss fight was all but certain. The game builds you up for one, but it doesn't come until the end, depending on the choice you make, and even then, it's not much of a fight.

On subsequent run-throughs it's nice to know you can use the grenade launcher on the therizinosaurs; no need to worry about saving it for a boss battle.

La Femme Fatale

Super Moderator
Totally. If you're careful, you probably don't even need to use a handgun very often - the only time I ever do is when there's a laser trap and you're on the opposite side as the dinosaur... then you can just plug away without wasting the stronger bullets. I usually always had enough poison darts for the therizinos or whatever the hell that's called... so I used shotgun shells and occasionally grenades on the raptors.

Which is why I think it's silly that people complain about there not being much ammo. It's so easy to beat the game with tons in your inventory.

Xranger60

I agree. I think people that complain are new to survival horror in general. I went through my last run without firing a single handgun shot. I used the shotgun no more than once, and I used some poison darts on the Therizinosaurs towards the end, with a few grenades from the launcher. There's no need to use anything besides the darts if you don't want to.