Help - 0426 on Management Office Safe does not unlock

wspower

Hi. So i started playing this game again. Wow, now that i am older and get english a lot better.. Must say i really like the story and atmosphere.. great game..

So, I am trying to reach the Main Entrance but cannot without the key which i have read is in the safe box in Management Office. The code is 0426 but it just wont work.. The switch is on, but still it says "Nothing happened" when typing the code.

Is this a bug? Do you have to open the safe the very first time you go into the office and find the dead body next to the safe? I moved on a bit in the story since i thought i'll find the code then. For example i have got the large elevator up and running..
And now when i went back to the office to get the key to main entrance, safe wont open.

Any ideas?

La Femme Fatale

Super Moderator
Hmm.. not sure, I don't recall ever running into this issue. Did you get the passcode from the in-game file or a web source? Perhaps if you have the passcode without actually reading the file in the game it won't let you use it until you do. Also, did you turn on the computer?

wspower

Hmm, I don't think I have read the in-game file.. do you know where that one is located?

I will try doing that and see if it works.. I googled for the code to the safe...

Thanks so far.

La Femme Fatale

Super Moderator
I think that's the file in the locker room just down the hall a bit, but that might be a bit too easy. I would also try reading the file in the antenna room (outside on 2nd floor) or in the lounge.

wspower

I have solved it!

The code was written inside the locker room in the file.

But, it's not 0426 though, it was 0375. Finally I can enter Main Entrance.

Thanks!

Fabrizio

Well, the code was not 0426 because the version of the game you are playing (NTSC or NTSC-J) have different codes than the PAL version of the game